Join our Team!
Estamos com uma vaga aberta: Finance & Operations Analyst no Rio de Janeiro.
See below for more information.
Connecting the Dots in Science, Education, Art and Innovation
swissnex Brazil’s mission is to nurture the Swiss innovation ecosystem with ideas, concepts, and contacts to help Switzerland maintain and strengthen its competitive edge. We foster dialogue and enable collaboration among opinion leaders, researchers and practitioners in education, science and innovation between the Brazil and Switzerland.
A public-private venture, we are the youngest addition to a growing network of outposts in Bangalore, Boston, San Francisco, and Shanghai, initiated by Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI). swissnex works with public and private sector partners, sponsors and donors who are equally committed to furthering Switzerland’s leading position as an innovation nation.
Careers at swissnex Brazil
swissnex Brazil was officially inaugurated in April 2014. Still in its infancy, the organization’s medium-term goals are to build in-depth knowledge of the Brazilian innovation ecosystem; to strengthen its local network of high-level representatives from academia and business; and to implement out-of-the-box signature projects and events to ignite cross-continental conversations and showcase Swiss excellence in science and innovation.
As part of the swissnex Brazil team, you are expected to take ownership for accomplishing new and different requests from Swiss and Brazilian stakeholders; to explore opportunities to shape a sustainable portfolio of future activities; to expand and deepen our relationships with Brazilian and Swiss partners; and to work relentlessly to contribute to a successful take-off of this new organization.
You will get the opportunity to be part of a creative and innovative new venture; proactively help shape the first Latin American swissnex office; expand your skills and update your professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and events; work in one of the most vibrating emerging economies; and interact and collaborate with high-level representatives of both Switzerland and Brazil.
Finance & Operations Analyst
Reactively and proactively work with the CEO and the core team of swissnex Brazil to accomplish tasks and respond to requests to ensure the smooth running of the swissnex Brazil office; to take full ownership of the finance and accounting management and management of the office operations.
Finance, Accounting and Administration (55%)
- Manage and maintain accounting tools and processes
- Controlling of swissnex accounting
- Management of expenses of team members
- Controlling of project accounting
- Proactively suggest measures to strengthen and professionalize processes
- Other administrative tasks as required
Support Event Planning & Management (20%)
- Conduct research and brainstorm for event topics in close collaboration with the swissnex team
- Take full responsibility over project parts (incl. planning, implementation, reporting, follow-up)
- Support project managers in identifying funding sources and drafting funding requests
- Assist in implementation of events (incl. reach out, logistics, reporting, etc.)
Logistics and Office Operations (20%)
- Ensure professional presentation of office and event space and welcome / register guests
- Assist with supplier management during events and/or meetings
- Other administrative duties such as assisting in office maintenance & basic IT support
- Office organization (stocking up of office supplies, filing of brochures, etc.)
- Technical trouble-shooting and management of suppliers, cleaning staff, IT staff, etc.
- Answer swissnex Brazil main telephone line, as well administer firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Address respond to or forward requests
- Other logistical and operational tasks as required
“Connecting the dots” & Networking (5%)
- Reactively and proactively promote collaboration between people and organizations in Switzerland and Brazil
- Attend meetings, events, conferences as a swissnex representative, and share contacts, findings and insights with the swissnex team
What we look for in a Candidate:
General / Personality
- Outgoing, communicative
- Independent, self-motivated
- Hands-on, proactive, resourceful
- Ambitious, visionary, willing to grow with our organization
- Dedication to further Swiss excellence in science, education, innovation and art
Background / Experience
- Current student in or graduate of higher education institution
- Fluency in Portuguese, ideally Brazilian citizen
- Proven administrative and organizational skills
- Fluent English
- Project and event management experience a plus
International / Swiss experience a plus
- Familiarity with at least one Swiss national language a plus
- Proven familiarity with accounting and finance
- Proven organizational skills
- Solid time-management and ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Excellent people and communication skills
- This is a 100% position; start date October 2017
- Compensation based on local salary benchmarks
- Brazilian work permit or citizenship required
- Fluency in Portuguese and good familiarity with Brazil required
- The position requires flexible work hours, incl. some evenings and weekends
Please send CV, past salary and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us to Sebastian Zumbühl: email@example.com