We are the facilitators in the areas of academic relations, science, entrepreneurship, the arts, and innovation. ...
“To connect the dots between Switzerland & Brazil in education, research and innovation.”
Who We Are
nex-us \L.fr. nexus, pp. of nectere, to bind\
1: connection, link 2: a connected group 3: center or focus
nex-t 1: closest to in space 2: closest to in time
Swissnex Brazil is an initiative of Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), managed in cooperation with the Department of Foreign Affairs as an annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
A public-private venture, we are part of a network of outposts in Bangalore, Boston, Shanghai and San Francisco. Along with individual science and technology counselors around the world, we work on behalf of Switzerland to expand education, research, and innovation.
What We Do
swissnex Brazil is a platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas in science, education, research, and innovation. Through our public events and study tours, we highlight the best of Swiss and Brazilian ingenuity and create opportunities for networking among our diverse group of professional contacts in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, and beyond. We offer the resources to help international guests, start-ups, university outposts, entrepreneurs-in-residence, and other visitors succeed.
Our global perspective and local expertise allow swissnex Brazil to anticipate and nurture fruitful collaborations and align the best academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, artists, and thought leaders so that relationships and partnerships can flourish. Working under several mandates, we also help build the presence of Swiss innovators on the world stage. We believe that unexpected outcomes can lead to the brightest achievements, and we encourage the cross-pollination of ideas through the many connections made at swissnex Brazil.
Our core value lies in our ability to:
– Strengthen Switzerland’s profile as a nation of leading-edge research, quality, innovation, and openness
– Connect scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy-makers, and thought leaders with inspiring peers and new ideas on either side of the globe
– Facilitate academic programs, global innovation strategies, and knowledge exchange
– Create and present transdisciplinary projects in imaginative ways
– Network with relevant contacts at universities, research institutions, and companies to maintain a powerful web of worldwide knowledge
– Support internationalization efforts of Swiss academic institutions and companies, with a special focus on R&D based start-ups
– Share innovative achievements and emerging trends in the host country and in Switzerland
– Inform on developments in science, technology, education and innovation policies
– Participate in our communities and interact with Swiss and local partners to bring added value
Learn about our Advisory Board.