ATTENTION: THE SELECTION PROCESSES ARE CARRIED OUT DIRECTLY BY THE SWISSNEX BRAZIL TEAM. NO THIRD-PARTY HEADHUNTING OR CONSULTING COMPANY IS AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT INTERVIEWS, REQUEST INFORMATION, OR CHARGE FEES ON BEHALF OF SWISSNEX BRAZIL OR FOR THIS SELECTION PROCESS.
Communications Assistant (based in Rio de Janeiro)
swissnex Brazil was officially inaugurated in April 2014. The organization’s goals are to build in-depth knowledge of the Brazilian innovation ecosystem; to strengthen its local network of high-level representatives from academia and business; and to implement out-of-the-box signature projects and events to ignite cross-continental conversations and showcase Swiss excellence in science and innovation.
As part of the swissnex Brazil team, you are expected to implement the communication strategy; to identify and effectively communicate newsworthy information bits and success stories emerging from our work; to recognize opportunities, identify tools and develop ideas to effectively convey our mission and achievements to stakeholders and audiences; to assist in brainstorming, planning and implementing projects and events; to develop ideas and recognize opportunities to expand and deepen our relationships with Brazilian and Swiss partners; and to work persistently to contribute to a successful journey of this organization.
You will get the opportunity to be part of a creative and innovative new venture; proactively help shape the first Latin American swissnex office; expand your skills and update your professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and events; and interact and collaborate with high-level representatives of both Switzerland and Brazil.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reactively and proactively work with the CEO, the Senior Communications Manager and the core team of swissnex Brazil to plan, develop and execute communication strategies; take ownership of communication routines and tasks; closely collaborate with the team to communicate projects, events and success stories in a creative and effective manner.
– Update and develop content for swissnex Brazil’s website and social media channels (Portuguese & English),
– Support the coordination of communications activities, and the management of the external suppliers,
– Create content for, and implement mailing of swissnex Brazil Newsletter,
– Develop content and do basic graphic work for promotional materials (flyers, banners, etc.),
– Support content creation for Annual Report
– Maintain database of contacts, as well as manage mailing lists for invitations, newsletters, etc.
– Take part in network-wide communications projects with colleagues from other swissnex offices,
– Assist colleagues in creation and formatting of presentations and public speeches,
– Care for brand guidelines and usage.
– Fine-tune social media strategy and ensure coherent, active presence across channels,
– Create tailored content for different channels according to audience needs,
– Help create online campaigns for launching new services and products,
– Proactively and continuously identify and, when relevant, implement new tools and methods for digital communication,
– Track metrics of digital efforts for achievement reports.
Event Planning & Management
– Take charge of communications tasks associated with projects and events, including graphic work and content creation for invitations and mailings (e.g. Mailchimp),
– Support the Head of Communications in public relations and communications related to events and projects,
– Assist colleagues in the planning and implementation of events and public programs,
– Help identify and contact potential speakers and participants,
– Take charge of events coverage for social media.
“Connecting the dots” & Networking
– Reactively and proactively promote collaboration between people and organizations in Switzerland and Brazil.
– Attend meetings, events, conferences as a swissnex representative, and share contacts, findings and insights with the swissnex team.
What we look for in a Candidate:
General / Personality
– Outgoing, communicative,
– Independent, self-motivated,
– Hands-on, proactive, resourceful,
– Ambitious, visionary, willing to grow with our organization,
– Dedication to further Swiss excellence in science, education, innovation and art.
Background / Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR or Marketing.
– Professional mastery (reading and speaking) of Portuguese language.
– Professional mastery of English language.
– Proven administrative and organizational skills.
– International / Swiss experience is a plus.
– Familiarity with at least one Swiss national language is a plus.
– Excelling writing skills and attention to detail,
– Solid time-management and ability to prioritize,
– Attention to detail,
– Good sense of style / design and basic mastery of graphic design tools,
– Excellent people and communication skills,
– Video & image editing skills is a plus.
– This is a 100% position; start date April/May 2020.
– Based in Rio de Janeiro.
– Compensation based on local salary benchmarks.
– Fluency in Portuguese and good familiarity with Brazil required.
– The position requires flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends.
– Work permit in Brazil is mandatory: Please notice swissnex Brazil is not legally allowed to sponsor VISA for foreigners who do not hold a “Carteira de Trabalho”.
(Fill out the form with your personal information and attach your Resume, Cover Letter and additional documents)
About swissnex Brazil: connecting the Dots in Science, Education, Art and Innovation
swissnex Brazil’s mission is to nurture the Swiss innovation ecosystem with ideas, concepts and contacts to help Switzerland maintain and strengthen its competitive edge. We foster dialogue and enable collaboration among opinion leaders, researchers and practitioners in education, science and innovation between the Brazil and Switzerland.
The organization’s goals are to build in-depth knowledge of the Brazilian innovation ecosystem; to strengthen its local network of high-level representatives from academia and business; and to implement out-of-the-box signature projects and events to ignite cross-continental conversations and showcase Swiss excellence in science and innovation.
swissnex is the Swiss international network for education, research and innovation. It helps its partners to form international networks for the exchange of knowledge, ideas and talent. The five swissnex locations (Bangalore, Boston, Rio de Janeiro, San Francisco, and Shanghai) and their branch offices can be found in some of the world’s most lively innovation hubs. Along with around 20 science councillors based at Swiss embassies, swissnex promotes Switzerland’s influence as a global innovation hotspot.
The swissnex network is an initiative of the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation and forms part of the Confederation’s network abroad under the management of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Based on a cooperative approach, the swissnex network activities involve both public and private partnerships and funding.