Swiss Alumni celebrates Swiss-Brazilian connections by gathering alumni of Swiss higher education institutions ...
Academia-Industry Training 2019 is Open for Admission
We are proud to announce that the sixth edition of our acclaimed Academia-Industry Training (AIT) program is now open for admission. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for researchers and entrepreneurs. The program is organized by swissnex Brazil, in collaboration with the University of St.Gallen (CLS HSG), the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) and the Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications (MCTIC).
AIT is a program that aims to aid researchers-entrepreneurs from Switzerland and Brazil in the development of their projects and studies into the market and industry. The Training Camp offers an opportunity for the applicants to strategize, featuring workshops in business plan writing, market-entry scenarios, funding strategies and pitching classes as well as a thorough understanding of Brazilian and Swiss market opportunities. The program consists of one training week in Brazil and another in Switzerland, with activities of immersion in the environments of innovation and entrepreneurship of both countries. The deadline for applications is July 21st, 2019.
“Thanks to the inspiring workshops and very interesting networking opportunities , we could understand how to further develop our projects” – Noémi Widmer (EarthAidSolutions / University of St.Gallen)
“Next time you think of a quantum leap in your entrepreneurial career, think swissnex” – Carlo Rondinoni (Tagma / InRad/FMUSP)
Important information about the AIT:
- The program aims to transform participant applied research into high-potential startup;
- Assists participants in innovating and developing their entrepreneurial and business skills;
- Consists of two training camps in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo) and in Switzerland;
- Up to 10 Brazilian projects/startups will be chosen;
- An Innovation Grant will be awarded to one breakthrough project.
We encourage you to apply if you are:
– Brazilian researcher with an entrepreneurial spirit;
– at the Master, PhD or Post doctorate level;
– Proficient in English;
– Looking to transform your research into a market innovation.
Application Instructions (Brazilian candidates)
- Access the Call – AIT 2019 (PDF file);
- Download the Project Application Form (DOC file);
- Fill the on-line application form with your personal information and attach the Project Application Form and Curriculum Vitae.
If you need further support, please contact us.