Open Calls for Seed Money Grants and Mobility Grants 2020. Researchers from Swiss and Latin American institutions ...
Academia-Industry Training 2020 – Open for Applications
Our renowned program the Academia-Industry Training (AIT) is open for admission. Created to bring innovative products to the market, AIT is a unique opportunity for researchers in the academic field to establish themselves as entrepreneurs. The program is organized by swissnex Brazil, in collaboration with the University of St.Gallen (CLS HSG), the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) and the Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications (MCTIC).
The AIT aims to assist researchers-entrepreneurs from Switzerland and Brazil in the development of their projects and studies for the market and the industry. The Training Camp – which consists of a training week in Brazil and Switzerland – offers opportunities for candidates to outline concrete strategies through workshops on business plan, market access and financing techniques. The week also includes pitching classes and chances for participants to get to know the Brazilian and Swiss markets with visits, networking meetings and immersion activities in the innovation and entrepreneurship environments of both countries. The application deadline is June 15th, 2020.
Click here to download the AIT Call (Brazilian candidates).
Swiss candidates must apply here.
“Thanks to the inspiring workshops and very interesting networking opportunities , we could understand how to further develop our projects” – Noémi Widmer (EarthAidSolutions / University of St.Gallen)
“Next time you think of a quantum leap in your entrepreneurial career, think swissnex” – Carlo Rondinoni (Tagma / InRad/FMUSP)
Important information about the AIT:
- The program aims to transform the participant’s applied research into high-potential startup;
- The AIT assists participants in innovating and developing their entrepreneurial and business skills;
- Consists of two training camps in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo) and in Switzerland;
- Up to 10 Brazilian projects/startups will be chosen;
- An Innovation Grant will be awarded to one breakthrough project.
AIT 2020 Dates:
- Call launch: May 13th, 2020;
- Deadline for submission of applications: June 15th, 2020;
- Announcement of interview selected projects: June 29th, 2020;
- Selection interviews: 6th to 8th July 2020;
- Final result announcement: July 10th, 2020;
- Training week in Brazil (RJ and SP): November 23rd to 27th, 2020;
- Training week in Switzerland: April 12th to 16th, 2021.
We encourage you to apply if you are:
– Brazilian researcher with an entrepreneurial spirit;
– At the Master, PhD or Post doctorate level;
– Proficient in English;
– Looking to transform your research into a market innovation.
Application Instructions (Brazilian candidates)
- Access the Call – AIT 2020 – (PDF file);
- Download the Project Application Form (DOC file);
- Fill the on-line application form with your personal information and attach the Project Application Form and Curriculum Vitae.
If you need further support, please contact us.