Open Call for the Academia-Industry Training 2018
swissnex Brazil in collaboration with the University of St.Gallen (CLS HSG), HSG Center for Entrepeneurship, the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) and the Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications (MCTIC), is proud to announce the fifth training camp for Brazilian and Swiss entrepreneurial researchers: “Academia-Industry Training” (AIT).
The AIT is a highly recognized program that connects promising researchers-entrepreneurs from Switzerland and Brazil with the industry to develop the market application of their high-level research. The program encourages international researchers to work together, share best practices, and to understand new markets and exploit synergies. The one week Training Camp gives a substantial introduction to entrepreneurship featuring workshops in business plan writing, market-entry scenarios, funding strategies and pitching classes as well as a thorough understanding of Brazilian and Swiss market opportunities.
Download application form: AIT Application Form 2018
“I had a great experience in Brazil where I was able to increase my business network. The most important takeaway message was that the first minutes we have with investors/clients are the most important and will define how the collaboration will evolve. We learned how to pitch well and how to grasp the attention of the public and make them interested in knowing more about our idea.“ – Ana Martins, EPFL PhD student
“The AIT program was a great opportunity to meet potential partners and customers on the spot. The contacts made by swissnex Brazil proved to be very valuable and gave our company a unique chance to enter the Brazilian market.“ – Noris Gallandat, Winner of the AIT Innovation Grant 2018 Switzerland, from ETHZ, Georgia Institute of Technology, and EPFL
Important information about the AIT:
- The program aims to transform participant applied research into high-potential startup;
- Assists participants to innovate and develop their entrepreneurial and business skills;
- Consists of two training camps in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo) and in Switzerland;
- Up to 10 Brazilian projects/startups will be chosen;
- An Innovation Grant will be awarded to one breakthrough project.
We encourage you to apply if you are:
– Brazilian researcher with an entrepreneurial spirit;
– at the Master, PhD or Post doctorate level;
– Proficient in English;
– Looking to transform your research into a market innovation.
31st May – July 20th: Applications open
July 16th – August 24th: Evaluation process and interviews
26th November – 30th November 2018: Brazil Camp – One week of activities in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
April 2019 – Switzerland Camp – One week of activities in Switzerland
- Please read the Official Call
- Download the application form here
- Fill the application form with your personal, academic and project information
- Submit the application form and your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org