Swiss-Brazilian Science and Technology Cooperation Action Plan
Swiss Federal Council and the Government of Brazil, represented by Ambassador Mauro Moruzzi – Head of International Relations of the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and swissnex Network – and Gilberto Kassab, Minister of Science, Technology, Innovation and Communication (MCTIC), signed up this week in Brasilia a Cooperation Action Plan in Science and Technology. SERI and MCTIC will be the implementing parties.
The plan aims to complement and deepen the ongoing bilateral cooperation between scientists, research and funding institutions. It will be developed and implemented in joint efforts by different Brazilian and Swiss partners.
2018-2020 Planned Activities:
- Launch of at least one joint call for Joint Research Projects (JRPs) in areas of common interest;
- Maintenance of activities under the Academia-Industry Training Programme (AIT);
- Possible participation of Brazilian research institutions to the calls and instruments launched by the University of St. Gallen – as Leading House –, and the Swiss National Science Foundation, based on scientific competition and pending financial commitment;
- Exploratory mission by Brazilian scientific delegation to Switzerland;
- Meeting of the 4th Joint Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation in Brazil in 2019, to celebrate, on this occasion, the ten years of the bilateral agreement.
The document lists collaboration opportunities between Switzerland and Brazil, and swissnex Brazil is a partner in some of the projects described in the Action Plan. swissnex Brazil is the platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas in science, education, art, and innovation, and responsible for promoting and organizing the Academia-Industry Training Programme, as well as supporting innovative startups from the Innosuisse internationalization camps program.