Academia-Industry Training (AIT)
swissnex Brazil in collaboration with the University of St. Gallen (HSG), the Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq), the Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovation and Communication (MCTIC), swissnex India and VentureLab launched training camps for Brazilian, Swiss and Indian scientists: “Academia Industry Training”.
The AIT is an initiative by HSG Leading House and swissnex Brazil, and consists of two phases: a first training camp in Brazil, connecting Brazilian researchers-entrepreneurs with their Swiss peers; and a second training camp in Switzerland, bringing together Brazilian, Indian and Swiss participants. The first training camp in Rio de Janeiro happens at the same time in Bangalore with swissnex India.
AIT aims to connect promising researchers-entrepreneurs with the industry in order to develop the market application of their high-level research. It also makes international researchers working together to share best practices, understand new markets, develop new market applications and create synergies.
The key objective is to expose researchers with applicable projects to market opportunities and induce an entrepreneurial spirit and relevant skills for them to take their research from the labs to the market place. Furthermore, the programs seeks to incentivize international collaboration and thinking “beyond borders”.
Indeed, this program gives a strong introduction to entrepreneurship featuring workshops in business plan writing, market entry scenarios, funding strategy and pitching classes as well as a deep understanding of Brazilian and Swiss market opportunities, which will be achieved by visiting key institutions in both countries, participating on conferences as well as focusing on networking events to maximize contact between Swiss and Brazilian players.
- Promoting the researchers’ contacts & collaboration with the industry in order to promote the market application of their high-level research.
- Providing tools, information and contacts for promising researchers from the two countries (Switzerland, and Brazil) with an entrepreneurial spirit and an idea to bringing their research into the market and becoming entrepreneurs, as well as networking among them to foster new partnerships and collaborations and among potential funding partners.
The opportunities it could bring you by participating in the AIT program
- Boost the recognition of your innovation
- Connect to high-level researchers in their field from Switzerland, India and Brazil.
- Develop a better understanding of the industry environment and establish connections and first partnerships in the untapped Indian/Brazilian markets.
- Access a wide network of peers, mentors and industry experts and acquire tools and skills to analyze the application of their research.
- Improve market application by validating their ideas with peers, experts and potential customers.
- Engage with researchers and entrepreneurs with a similar background to learn how they transformed their research into a high-quality and high-potential market product and learn about their business practices.
- Become pioneers of an Indian – Brazilian – Swiss applied researcher’s community.
If you would like to participate as a researcher, partner, speaker or if you have any general question please contact us.