ATTENTION: THE SELECTION PROCESSES ARE CARRIED OUT DIRECTLY BY THE SWISSNEX BRAZIL TEAM. NO THIRD-PARTY HEADHUNTING OR CONSULTING COMPANY IS AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT INTERVIEWS, REQUEST INFORMATION, OR CHARGE FEES ON BEHALF OF SWISSNEX BRAZIL OR FOR THIS SELECTION PROCESS.
Atenção: Os processos seletivos são realizados diretamente pela equipe da swissnex Brazil. Nenhuma empresa de consultoria ou headhunting terceirizado está autorizado a realizar entrevistas, solicitar informações ou cobrar valores em nome da swissnex Brazil.
Junior Project Manager (Trainee, based in Rio de Janeiro)
swissnex Brazil’s medium and long-term goals are to build in-depth knowledge of the Brazilian innovation ecosystem; to strengthen its local network of high-level representatives from academia and business; and to implement out-of-the-box signature projects and events to ignite cross-continental conversations and showcase Swiss excellence in science and innovation.
As part of the swissnex Brazil team, you are expected to take ownership for accomplishing new and different requests from Swiss and Brazilian stakeholders; You will be working in some of the most dynamic cities in the world, where opportunities and encounters are constantly happening. You will have the chance to explore such opportunities and contribute directly to innovative, scientific and entrepreneurial projects by giving inputs, connecting people, doing research, organizing events and coordinating suppliers.
Fill in the application form for this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reactively and proactively work with the CEO of swissnex Brazil in Rio de Janeiro and the core team of swissnex Brazil to accomplish tasks and respond to requests; assist and, where possible, take full ownership of the professional implementation of projects and events; and contribute with new ideas and initiatives to further swissnex’ unique mission and objectives. This includes:
- Event Planning & Management: active participation in and contribution to events and learning expeditions/delegation visits, including:
- Logistics & Administration: active support with logistics needed to run swissnex Brazil, its office, and its events;
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: act as a connector between people and ideas.
Detailed Overview of Tasks
Event Planning & Management:
- Conduct research & participate in brainstorming for event topics
- Independent planning, preparation and execution of projects and events
- Identify, contact and coach potential speakers / exhibitors/ participants
- Manage local stakeholders, service companies and suppliers
- Assist with public relations and communication between partners, sponsors, and other project partners
- Support the promotion and external communication
Logistics & Administration:
- Draft funding applications and reports
- Update and maintain event project database
- Logistical organization, including setting up event room, cleaning, welcoming and registering guests
- Take charge of AV management during events & generally support the ‘back-end’ of events
- Execute administrative duties such as assisting in-office maintenance, basic IT support, mail distribution, and hospitality
‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking:
- Reactively and proactively promote collaboration between people and organizations in Switzerland and Brazil
- Occasionally attend events, conferences, meetings as a swissnex representative, and share contacts, findings and learnings with the swissnex team
What we look for in a Candidate
General / Personality
- Outgoing, communicative; avid networker and connector
- Independent, self-motivated
- Hands-on, proactive
- Visionary, creative, resourceful
- Passionate about Brazil
- Dedication to further Swiss excellence in science, education, innovation and art
Background / Experience
- Recent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (starting date maximum 1 year after graduation date)
- Proven experience planning and managing events and/or projects
- Professional mastery (reading and speaking) of the Portuguese language (B2 level or more)
- Professional mastery of at least one Swiss national language
- Professional mastery of the English language
- International experience (Brazilian and Swiss experience a plus)
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to independently implement projects
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- Solid time-management and ability to prioritize
- Web and social media savvy a plus
- This is a 100% position; ideal start date: April/May 2021
- Contract minimum duration: 6 months, maximum 12 months
- The position requires flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Swiss citizenship or EU studying/recent graduate in Switzerland + valid work permit in Switzerland required
- Proficiency of the Portuguese language is mandatory
About swissnex Brazil: connecting the Dots in Science, Education, Art and Innovation
swissnex Brazil’s mission is to nurture the Swiss innovation ecosystem with ideas, concepts and contacts to help Switzerland maintain and strengthen its competitive edge. We foster dialogue and enable collaboration among opinion leaders, researchers and practitioners in education, science and innovation between the Brazil and Switzerland.
The organization’s goals are to build in-depth knowledge of the Brazilian innovation ecosystem; to strengthen its local network of high-level representatives from academia and business; and to implement out-of-the-box signature projects and events to ignite cross-continental conversations and showcase Swiss excellence in science and innovation.
A public-private venture, we are the youngest addition to a growing network of outposts in Bangalore, Boston, San Francisco and Shanghai, initiated by Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI). swissnex works with public and private sector partners, sponsors and donors who are equally committed to furthering Switzerland’s leading position as an innovation nation.